How would you recognize a legitimate business investment opportunity if it was presented to you today? That’s a question Ryan Healy didn’t know how to answer 16 years ago.
Ryan has become one of the best direct response copywriters today. And many years ago, before he had the knowledge he has today, he was a hyper-responder to good copy. And that’s what led to his incredible story.
What we talk about in this show:
- Why Ryan was hyper-responsive to direct mail.
- How he analyzes what he went through before investing in the business opportunity.
- The advice he received when refinancing his home to buy this business.
- Why he went through with the loan even though he didn’t feel good about lying to get the loan.
- How advertising worked to get him to spend $30,000 for this business opportunity.
- How hustle couldn’t save this business.
- Why he couldn’t keep up with the demand and couldn’t afford to quit his day job to do it full-time.
- Why he ignored good advice from his banker and still bought into this business – and how you could do the same if you’ve ever been in MLM.
- Why anything that said “How to start a business” was like a drug to Ryan.
- Why he only received 1/30 of his purchase price when he sold the business equipment, and where he should’ve originally bought the equipment if he wanted to do it today.
- Why Ryan says you need to be careful of debt, and why it’s important to you.
- How he now buys and sells businesses.
- Why he sought a coach to grow he current copywriting business, and how it amplified his growth.
- How outsourcing has freed up some of his time, and also contributed to his growth.
- Why Ryan struggles after starting a project and has to push to finish them. (I know many entrepreneurs who have this same challenge.)
- Why he enjoys conspiracy research, and why it’s called “research” and not “theory.”
- How avoiding the traditional college path helped him start, but it’s not for everyone.
Enjoy the show:
Mentioned in this show:
- RyanHealy.com subscribe and get his 32 Ways to Grow Your Business and his copywriting checklist.
- Twitter @HeyHealy
- Ryan’s book: Speed Writing for Nonfiction Writers: How to Double or Triple Your Daily Word Count
- Book: The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime! by M.J. DeMarco
- Book: Genetic Entropy by John C. Sanford