In this show I talk with Joey Bridges, one-half of the Bridges twins.
Joey and his twin brother, Jamey, host the Marketing Madness podcast and run client’s online marketing campaigns.
Not too long ago they were on top of the world helping real estate agents and then it collapsed. They faced over $70,000 in chargebacks and refunds. It’s a scary story. And not one they like to talk about.
What we cover in this show:
- How the real estate collapse kicked the legs out of their previous business.
- Why focusing on one target market is a double edged sword.
- How they found themselves with over $70,000 in chargebacks and cancellations that had to be paid in 60 days.
- How they demonstrated true entreprunerial grit, and created something out of nothing, to repay the $70k in 60 days.
- How the necessity to make money and pay back this debt forced them to find another market, learn it, and develop solutions people want.
- How they went from “Can we do it?” to “Oh yeah, I’ll get it done.”
- Why he said that If you have a job, and you’re happy, don’t go try starting a business.
- What happened when his clients intentionally sabotages the work they were doing for them.
- What he learned so they better communicate with their clients.
- Why you don’t want to be the client’s only source of business.
- Why you don’t want only one type of client!
- Why they won’t take on clients who they are their only source of business.
- How his appreciation for other’s struggles have changed.
- Why you want to do business slowly and choose your clients wisely.
- How Joey realized when they sold someting that they didn’t think was perfect for the customer, it always blew up in their face.
- How small changes made a big impact in their business and personal lives.
- How he went from barely able to ride a bike for 7 miles 4 yrs ago to completing their first Ironman competition last year.
Enjoy the show.
Mentioned in the show:
- BridgesTwins.com and the Marketing Madness podcast
- The Bridges Twins of Facebook
- Book, The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A
- Google Drive