What would happen if: 1) You were working on the other side of the planet, 2) You get a text from your wife that she’s going to the Emergency Room, 3) You need to get home today but your business has you stuck?
That’s what happened to Frank Bria, author of the book Scale, and today’s guest. This is a crazy story with a ton of nuggets to help you grow and scale your business.
Here’s what Frank and I talk about:
- Why Frank doesn’t believe the “follow your passion” advice.
- How his life changed while he was in Kiev and received a text message that his wife was driving herself to the emergency room… And a second text saying she was being admitted for emergency surgery, and their young kids were at home.
- How each of his clients slowly fired him when he changed his model to consult from home.
- How life design worked against him.
- Why he said “I built a business that wasn’t scalable.”
- Why he said, “You can put a blindfold on and stumble over marketing gurus.”
- The importance of a repeatable process.
- How a ‘rewind moment’ can keep you motivated and inspired in your business.
- Why you need to talk with people when you’re struggling.
- Why the inner game is the biggest problem facing entrepreneurs.
- How to get the most out of a mastermind group.
- What Frank meant when he said, “You can’t become a brain surgeon by reading about it, or watching over someone’s shoulder.”
- The responsibility he feels towards his students and clients.
- How Frank took what he learned as a math professor to help his clients today.
- Why he likes Tony Robbins’ mindset and how it would help most entrepreneurs.
Enjoy the show…
Mentioned in this show: