Thank you for your interest in being a guest on the Fail To Learn podcast, the show that inspires people like you to continue working for your goals when failures try and stop you in your tracks.
We are thrilled to have you on the show!
People from all walks of life listen to the show. However, our target demographic includes entrepreneurs, marketing professionals, sales professionals, and those who consistently strive to make a difference in the world.
We want you to talk about your mistakes. Most material out there focuses on what was done to succeed and misses the learning part: What do you do when you make mistakes, screw up, or flat out fail?
This show is hosted by Matt Fox from Friction Free Sales.
Please review the guidelines below so we can be sure to create the best recording possible. If you want to discover how the show works you can find the podcast archives here: Fail To Learn podcast.
- At a minimum, use a USB headset or a decent microphone. Do not use your computer microphone or iPhone earbud microphone. Reply to Matt if you do not at least have a USB headset that will produce decent audio. At a minimum, I recommend this Logitech ClearChat USB Headset.
- The conversation will be held via Skype. Before we talk, go to your Skype Options -> Audio Settings and make sure your microphone is the active mic. Also, uncheck the box to “Automatically adjust microphone settings.” This will insure the best recording with our equipment.
- Please be in a quiet room away from people talking. General room noise can be edited out but random sounds are not as easy to remove.
- Be prepared to speak about your errors in detail. Have two or three stories to share. I do everything I can to make it as fun an educational as possible. The goal is to have fun, realize we’re all human, and give the audience a little inspiration and education.
- You’ll get a link to a simple questionnaire to fill out to help us both prepare for the call.
Rough Outline for the Show:
Matt introduces you – 1 to 2 minutes.
Guest Interview/Your Failure Story:
Matt and you – 25 to 40 minutes.
What You’re Doing Now:
Your chance to tell what you’re doing now (promote yourself with minimal promotion/hype) – 3 minutes
What’s your big challenge right now:
Quick “Spotlight Interrogation” Questions:
Matt and you – 5 minutes
The “Spotlight Interrogation” Questions:
Matt will ask you a few quick questions. They are:
- What are your bad habits?
- What are you currently reading or listening to?
- What’s one thing you can’t live without today?
- Favorite childhood memory?
- If you could talk with anyone alive today, who and why?
Questions, Issues, Final Comments:
Don’t hesitate to contact Matt with any questions or issues before your conversation. We’ll help you get setup.