Barry Moore shares his insights about niches after failing through his first online business.
As Barry’s first business failed, he learned the importance of defining your niche, testing your product, and the opportunity to scale.
Here’s what we cover in this show:
- How Barry’s first business folded because his market was too large.
- What he meant when he said you have to “Be that guy.”
- When you target a niche, how to hyper-target in that niche.
- How to niche down.
- Why you want to niche down before you go after everyone.
- The problem that happens when you give too much information to your customer at once.
- How Barry uses a podcast to build his business.
- Why Barry said, “Nobody wants to get on a plane with a creative pilot.”
- How he tested a niche that’s underserved and on an upward growth curve?
- What the reality is in marketing automation.
- How Barry put his first course together in a weekend.
- Why that speed to market is important.
- How to quickly test a market for a warm indication of customer’s interest.
- Why gave himself 6 months to validate and confirm assumptions before about what his customers want and need.
- How Barry brings his knowledge as a pilot to keep his business on course.
- Why he said, “Make sure you’re building a business you want to be in.”
Download this show’s 1-Page Quick Action sheet to help you with your ‘freedom business,’ as Barry calls it.
Enjoy the show.
Mentioned In This Show
- The Active Marketer
- AutomationNation Facebook group
- The Active Marketer podcast
- Barry’s ActiveCampaign course on Udemy: Automate Your Email Marketing Using ActiveCampaign
- Dan Norris books: The Content Machine, and The 7 Day Startup
- iPad Mini