Willpower is misunderstood.
It’s not something outside you. It’s not something you need to summon. It’s not something that fails you.
Willpower is under your control. And you have more than you realize.
That’s what I talk about in this episode of the Fail To Learn podcast.
Here’s what I share:
- What is willpower?
- The 4 categories of willpower.
- Why you don’t have a limited amount of willpower, despite what many people think.
- How too many choices today depletes your ability to focus on the test at hand.
- How you can strengthen your willpower, like a muscle, but it doesn’t involve heavy lifting.
- The types of tasks you can do each day to strengthen your willpower.
- How to use 30 day challenges most effectively.
- How to unblock the flow of willpower in your life.
Enjoy the show:
Mentioned In This Show:
- FailToLearn interview with Jason Leister
- Willpower by Roay F Baumeister
- The Paradox of Choice by Barry Schwartz
- Barry Schwartz Ted Presentation on the paradox of choice
- Matt Cutts Ted presentation to try something new for 30 days
- 100 30 Day Challenge Ideas To Turn Your Life Around
- Lead Goals vs Lag Goals
- Reinforcing Behaviors with Operant Conditioning