Nicholas Kusmich runs a highly successful Facebook marketing agency/consulting business. It wasn’t like this a few years ago.
Nicholas was lucky. He hit success when he was young. He was a top salesperson for Cutco knives. He moved to selling investments from the stage and earning a living that was the envy of his friends. Then he found out the investments he was selling weren’t above board (which is a nice way to say they weren’t legal).
And things didn’t just start going downhill. It’s like he was thrown from a cliff. And, that’s what we start discussing in this show.
What else is in this episode?
- What people said to him after finding out what he sold was illegal?
- Why he left his father’s side in the hospital, the day his dad had a heart attack, so he could go sell from the stage.
- Why he kept defending the “investment” company when he first found out things weren’t right.
- How he realized, “Your reputation is all you have.”
- The conflict he grappled with because the money was so tempting. He was afraid to leave.
- Why he said significance and certainty play a big role in people’s lives.
- How he continued to lose money with each business idea he saw online and in network marketing.
- Why he said you find out who are your friends when things turn bad.
- The 3 things that kept driving him to these bad business ideas, and kept driving him deeper in debt.
- How he keeps his “greed gland” in check before making decisions.
- How he understands his weaknesses and makes contingencies for them.
- How his priorities have changed and how that makes business better.
- Why Facebook ads are failing for old-school, direct marketers and how he makes them work.
- How to approach Facebook ads as a social channel.
- How to think about the people reading your ads.
- What is “infobesity?”
- The importance of “just in time” learning.
Enjoy the show.