At an early age, Anthony Lee was told he wouldn’t make anything of himself. He grew up in a poor family and was taught a poor kid from lower-middle class Alabama couldn’t rise up.
Unlike most, he found a way to lift himself out. He worked hard, struggled, and built a business, selling his products through Amazon.
In this episode of FailToLearn we talk about Anthony’s struggles and how they helped him get where he is today.
What Anthony and I discuss:
- How Anthony was looking for a way to make money and get more from life.
- How he started trading commodities, and why it didn’t work for him.
- Why he wanted to use his trading skills to get a job at a big firm.
- How he practiced and made imaginary trades to test his skills.
- What he went through to open his first brokerage account.
- How quickly he lost his entire savings trading, and what happened after.
- Why he wouldn’t trade that experience for anything.
- Why he doesn’t compare trading in the market to gambling, even after losing everything.
- How Anthony view networking, and why it’s important to you.
- Why he changed his idea of success and was ready to settle for a job, until he came across copywriting.
- Why Anthony finds copywriting a critical skill.
- How he started importing products from China to sell on Amazon.
- How much credit card debt he piled up to start his import business, and his wife’s reaction when she found out.
- What he did when he realized how easy it is to sell on Amazon.
- How he got started selling on Amazon, and what he would do different today, if he was starting today.
- Why he said anyone with a physical store should be selling on Amazon.
- How Anthony is working to scale and sell his products in physical stores.
- How the fear of failure doesn’t go away.
- How he realized he could repeat his system.
- Why people who are entrepreneurial will always be entrepreneurial.
Enjoy the show:
Mentioned In This Show:
- Anthony’s book: Bootstrapping E-commerce: How to Import and Sell on Amazon
- Book: The Three Pillars of Zen by Roshi P. Kapleau
- FailToLearn episode 26 with Ryan Healy